Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Boeing, Home Depot, Ikea, L'Oréal and many others. We're growing worldwide. And we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you're ready to give us your best, let's talk. We'd like to invest in you. (NYSE: XPO)
This position is a key leader in the design and management of transactional databases and data warehouses and the processes required to maintain and update those databases. This candidate will work closely in several different areas including Product Management, Engineering, Architecture and Operations.
- Design database
- Work closely with Application Architects to design database structures that properly model related business entities and relationships, providing operational flexibility and efficient query handling.
- Design tables, determining the proper amount of referential integrity and normalization.
- SQL support
- Write optimized SQL code to support development.
- Conduct SQL Server coding sessions for application developers.
- Rewrite and tune poorly performing SQL code to improve system performance by studying execution plans and optimizing the capabilities of the DBMS.
- Ensure that all new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability and performance
- Develop database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database strategy, architecture, physical structure and functional capabilities 15%
- Maintain database documentation and relationship diagrams.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes and or index/query changes.
- Contribute to the overall system design and operational design
- Work with the architecture team and application developers to design and implement database strategies
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Chicago IL, United States of America
3/20/2017 5:28:10 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.