Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Reference Code: 30201 Location:
United States (US) - Houston, TX Job Category:
Information Technology/Systems; Supply Chain/Procurement Employment Type:
Employee Full-time Relocation Eligibility:
This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain Process and Systems, the E-commerce analyst must work with internal (Business, Supply Chain) and external stakeholders (Vendors) to coordinate enablement on the Ariba and/or Fieldglass E-commerce platform. Additionally this role will sustain enabled suppliers by troubleshooting problems, maintaining catalogs where applicable.
- Act as the project manager for supplier enablement projects, must be able to handle multiple projects at one time;
- Developed supplier segmentation strategy to prioritize the suppliers that should be enabled. Once highest value suppliers are chosen, this role interacts directly with all stakeholders, seeking feedback and approval of targeted suppliers go live with ecommerce;
- Use TransCanada developed standard documents to establish the electronic trading relationship (standard PO, Invoice and related messaging). Maintain relationship with suppliers through the enablement phase;
- Follow the enablement process defined at TransCanada. Contribute to continuous improvement of this process as technology, data and business requirements change;
- Identifies risks/issues to supplier enablement;
- Monitors supplier performance on the electronic transaction per a set of defined KPI's develops and delivers and action plan for improvement when performance is low (Run SAP reports, as needed);
- Support previously enabled suppliers when issues arrive (outside the scope of software supplier support) - Supplier Sustainment time must be kept to tolerant levels, action plans developed for suppliers who require too much sustainment;
- Maintains relationship with solution providers ( Ariba and Fieldglass);
- Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Education
- Advanced knowledge of E-commerce solutions, complimentary supply chain technologies and data management;
- Strong excel, SAP reporting and other database experience is an important aspect of supplier performance management through ecommerce;
- Understand and listen to the suppliers' needs;
- Make accommodations where possible but adhere to the TransCanada standard business model;
- Experience working with or implementing SAP Ariba Procurement solutions and/or other Spend Management solutions;
- System project life-cycle management experience;
- Experience reading and understanding contracts, especially different commercial models and related catalogs;
- A designation or enrollment in a Supply Chain Management program.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of experience and education is required;
- Experience within supply chain function in the oil and gas and/or Pipeline industry;
- Four plus (4) years strategic sourcing/procurement/technology experience or equivalent technical procurement related experience required;
- Good understanding of SAP modules, key functionality MM, PM, Ariba and PS is preferred;
- Experience and knowledge of SAP MM, Ariba and Fieldglass will be considered an asset;
- Professional Supply Chain designation ( SCMP, CMP, PMAC) or Project Management designation ( PMP) would be considered an asset.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 02/22/2017. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter Reference Code 30201. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Houston TX, United States of America
2/15/2017 9:52:20 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.