New York Life Insurance Company ( New York Life or the company ) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Duties and responsibilities of the Senior Associate Development Manager for the Houston GO:
- Ensure the complete and proper implementation of the NYLIC University Curriculum and systems. This includes the preparation for the conducting of Group and Drill, Individual Instruction and Drill, and Field Observation and Demonstration.
- Work with the Managing Partner to ensure the complete and proper implementation of the GOLD system in the General Office. This includes conducting Performance Review and Planning sessions with agents, conducting Agent Development Planning meetings with Partners and Managing Partners, assisting with Monthly Planning Meetings, and Annual Planning meetings.
- Sales promotion. Assisting in the communication to agents of General Office, Zone and Home Office promotions. Assisting agents with case preparation and in the field conducting Field Observation and Demonstration as well as assisting in presenting and closing sales.
- Valid state life and health licenses
- FINRA Registrations, Series 6, 63, 26
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Life Product Line
- Excellent Facilitation skills
- Certified as a Counselor Sales Person facilitator
- Good skills in the proper use of the GOLD system
- The ability to lead one-on-one agent development sessions with other members of the management team
- Case development skills to assist agents in making sales in Middle and Advanced Markets
- Hold the Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) and Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) Designation and at least 1 of the following: CASL, CLF, MSFS, MSM, or CFP
- Demonstrated the ability to assist in the development of another DM through mentoring
- Demonstrated ability to work with Established Agents to improve their business
- The ability to leverage Zone Consultants for the benefit of the GO
- Excellent workflow management skills to handle the workload in a larger office
- Excellent coaching skills with both new and established agents as well as partners
- The ability to use their informal authority in the General Office
- The ability to lead a DM Study Group
- The ability to mentor multiple new DMs in the Zone
- The ability to effectively handle conflict, change, and difficult people
- Demonstrated ability to develop another DM
- 2 years council qualification as an agent or equivalent
- Effectively implemented NYLIC University for agents and managers at the GO level
- Completed all NYLIC University Product Knowledge and Final Knowledge Exams
- Completed all New Development Manager schools at the Dallas Campus
- Certified Counselor Sales Person Facilitator
- Demonstrated good skills in all areas of GOLD Development (PRP, IID, FOD, GID)
- Can lead a one-on-one Agent Development Meeting with recruiters
Decision Making/Nature of Impact:
- Ability to be viewed as a credible and knowledgeable source to agents, the Managing Partner, and the Zone Training Officer.
- Makes recommendations to the Zone Training Officer and the Managing Partner concerning GO training events and initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface at various levels (GO management staff, Agents, HO staff, ASC's)
- Excellent group presentation skills
- Excellent communication and rapport with the agents and managers in the General Office
- Excellent Facilitation skills
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.