Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation's largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 200 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available at www.nrg.com . Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy .
Summary: Develops, administers, and supports the enterprise network systems. Responsibilities include network design, technology evaluations, network architecture, topology development, and system specifications. Other responsibilities include network monitoring, performance analysis, customer support, and fault/problem management.
- Cisco Router configuration, implementation, maintenance
- Cisco Firewall configuration, implementation, maintenance
- Cisco Switch configuration, implementation, maintenance
- Cisco VPN configuration, implementation, maintenance
- Cisco and XKL DWDM configuration, implementation, maintenance
- Cisco Wireless and ACS configuration, implementation, maintenance
- Multicast configuration, implementation, maintenance
- Remote access maintenance and configuration.
- Camera and Server configuration, implementation, maintenance
- Cable Management configuration, implementation, maintenance
- Monitoring Systems: WhatsUp,
- Network Device/Warehouse Inventory Management
- Internet mail configuration, implementation, maintenance.
- DNS configuration, implementation, maintenance.
- Internet connectivity configuration, implementation, maintenance.
- UNIX Scripting and log maintenance
- Nexus switching, all platforms
- Provide 24-hour on-call support, including evenings and weekends. On call rotations required.
Education: Bachelor's degree in an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience preferred. CCNP preferred, but not required.
Experience: Minimum10 years verifiable hands on in-depth experience with Cisco Router and switch configuration, implementation and maintenance/troubleshooting at an enterprise level.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- TCP/IP protocol analysis.
- VoIP protocol configuration and analysis.
- Network monitoring tools maintenance and configuration.
- Administration of operating systems: Unix, Linux, Windows.
- DHCP configuration and maintenance.
- Netscout configuration, implementation, maintenance.
- Scripting environments (shell, PERL, TCL etc).
- Data center design and management.
- Participation in disaster recovery/business continuation activities.
- Dedication to following procedures and regulations.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or as a team member.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem solving skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with diverse user community.
- Most duties are performed during standard business hours.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to attend meetings and respond to application problems at various corporate sites when necessary.
- Office and data center environment in Metropolitan area.
- Some travel is required.
- Some after hours support and change control required.
- On call rotations required.
Role Specific Experience: A minimum of 10+ years verifiable Cisco technical experience.
Role Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Perform all Network Administration and related functions.
- Lead technical support for meeting network objectives, evaluate, design, and implement resolutions to network configuration.
- Design and document network administration policies and procedures for the production environment.
- Work with the technical teams to design technical requirements for the production environment.
- Ensure segregation of duties remains intact in all network/application interactions.
- Track and maintain network application licenses. Reconcile license issues on a yearly basis.
- Perform periodic self-assessments/audits of all aspects relating to networks within all IP environments.
- Train junior personnel.
Role Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), NERC CIP, and other compliance requirements and implementation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Scripting and code.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
Houston TX, United States of America
2/16/2017 10:16:48 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.