Requisition ID: 12881
All Locations: Houston, TX (Texas)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation s Vaeros divisision is seeking a Software Developer/System Architect to provide support to the NASA Extravehicular Activity (EVA) Data Management Project in Houston, TX. The following provides an overview of the types of tasks and skills required in support of this work.
- Develop environment and process for consolidating and integrating existing databases into one single environment.
- Work with department analysts to develop new processes to extend tool capabilities.
- Design new software tools, and re-design existing tools to take advantage of object-oriented structures.
- Maintain and update existing software and convert tool functionality to current generation languages, structures, and operating systems.
- Develop and apply graphical user interfaces as appropriate.
- Modify and maintain computer code resident on existing platforms as needed.
- Work both independently and on small teams; interact with program office and government customers.
- Duties will include routine documentation of work in the form of user manuals and software documentation, regular status reports on progress, and occasional presentations before management, colleagues and customers.
- Bachelor s degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Minimum 8 years of experience required.
- Significant aptitude and demonstrated skills in object-oriented design, C++, and C required.
- Ability to interface with multiple SW languages required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; dependability and good interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience with GUI development and Java.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : SR MTS - CASUAL
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .