Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Senior RACF Security Specialist
for a full-time
opportunity with one of our premier financial services clients in Jacksonville, FL. Responsibilities
- Administers an information systems program to validate security policies and regulatory requirements are met across the business, ensuring the company and its systems are protected from domestic or international security threats.
- Evaluates security controls to ensure effectiveness and compliance with the information security program and regulatory requirements; manages security control remediation efforts; and supports internal and external information security related audits. Uses information security tools (RACF) and procedures to respond to inquiries.
- Recommends security solutions, advises on systems and application-level security configurations, and investigates/mitigates security risks as required.
- Develops and manages security for business units across the enterprise to prevent hackers from compromising company systems and information.
- Develops and implements security policies and procedures (eg, user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures, and use of Firewalls and encryption routines).
- Prepares status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Enforces security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles; reviews security violation reports; investigates possible security exceptions; and updates, maintains, and documents security controls.
- Involved in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
- Provides direct support to the business and IT staff for security-related issues.
- Educates IT and the business about security policies and consults on security issues regarding user built/managed systems.
- Represents the security needs of the organization by providing expertise and assistance in all IT projects with regard to security issues.
- Performs work that is highly complex and varied in nature.
- Develops integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues.
- Recognized security expert internally and externally within multiple IT functional areas.
- Often provides strategic direction, guidance and integration of services.
- May lead multiple IT security projects or participate as a team member.
- Works on small to large, highly complex security issues or projects that require expertise in multiple IT functional areas.
- May manage or serve as a project leader for IT security projects or the security components of multi-discipline projects. Must have extensive knowledge in networking, databases, systems and/or Web operations.
- Requires expertise of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms.
- Typically requires eight (8) or more years of combined IT and security work experience with an extensive exposure to systems analysis, applications development, and database design and administration and at least five (5) or more years of experience in a lower-level IT Security Analyst role.
- CISSP or equivalent professional certification is preferred (CISM, GSEC, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of the business environment and the ability to evaluate information security risk implications
- Knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of RACF administration required
- Ability to write JCL required
- Experience with TSO/ISPF required
- Prefer experience with any of the following: z/OS internals, SMP/E, JES2, UNIX (OMVS)
- Experience working with a diverse range of data sources/streams and managing these effectively
- Strong background in security operations, processes, solutions and technologies
- Strong understanding of policy, compliance, and best practice security principles
- Working knowledge of Mainframe systems (z/OS)
- Experience with enterprise risk assessment methodologies
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply.
Jacksonville, FL, United States of America
4/21/2017 7:03:04 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.