Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Applications Developer for a right to hire assignment with one of our premier financial services clients in Lewisville, TX. This is a contract to hire position. All candidates must be local to the Lewisville, TX areas; 3rd party Corp-to-Corp is not feasible for this role. Responsibilities
- Contribute to design and architecture for scalable and extensible applications.
- Work closely with BA, QA and PM team members for effective testing and delivery.
- Design, develop, code, test, debug and document applications to satisfy requirements.
- Produce high quality code utilizing Test Driven Development techniques.
- Mentor other team members to help with their progress in technical and professional skills.
- Participate in retrospectives to drive continuous improvement within the feature team.
- Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
- Apply standard application patches and upgrades to test and production application environments.
- Provide post-installation environment support to testing teams.
- Hands-on creation and maintenance of application environments.
- Working with vendors and local architecture team to implement new infrastructure solutions.
- Working with the technology infrastructure teams to make changes to locked-down environments.
- Development of scripts and documentation to improve the overall system management.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Deputize for current Team lead where appropriate
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science, Equivalent Certification or military experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on support of application experience in a Java based environment.
- Skills in Java, Apache, Subversion (or similar source code repository), Eclipse (or similar IDE)
- Hands on knowledge of Spring Framework.
- Ability to lead technical teams providing some task management, code review, unit testing, and overall technical oversight.
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work fast and quickly ramp up on new technologies and strategies
- Java development experience including Spring/Hibernate
- Web server (WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache) experience
- Very strong UNIX skills are required
- Maven or ANT/XML knowledge
- Strong communication and team-working skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- A delivery focused approach to work
- Logical thinking and thoroughness
- Experience of Linux, Unix and Windows Server environment management
- Understanding of database management
- Experience in configuration management
- Experience of working in teams and with remote groups
- Experience of working with vendors and users
- Understanding of project delivery practice and life cycle
- SQL/Oracle experience is a plus
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply.
Lewisville, TX, United States of America
4/21/2017 7:03:07 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.