Requisition ID: 138360
Work Area: Marketing
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the Back Office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP Next-Gen - Innovation with Purpose
SAP Next-Gen is an innovation platform for SAP's customers and partners, leveraging more than 3,100 educational institutions in 106 countries in the SAP University Alliances network. The program connects companies with next generation innovators globally and drives innovation with purpose linked to the UN Global Goals.
Offerings include a global network of SAP Next-Gen Labs enabling customers across industries to connect with next generation talents through memberships, services, and events.
The global flagship location for the program is the SAP Next-Gen Lab New York which opens in Q2 2017 on the 48th floor of SAP's offices at Hudson Yards in New York City.
SAP Next-Gen works as a startup within SAP, with a culture of rapid innovation and collaboration.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The SAP Next-Gen team is seeking a Global Finance and Governance Manager. This is an opportunity to be part of a team working as a startup within SAP, and to manage and evolve the finance and governance functions for this entrepreneurial team to help ensure the rapid growth planned over the next 3 years.
Finance responsibilities will include:
* Controlling: provide all controlling management and oversight for both SAP University Alliances, a cost center, as well as SAP Next-Gen which is a new profit center starting up within the P&I board area. Duties will include tracking profit attainment and cost control across all SAP Next-Gen services, in collaboration with the SAP Next-Gen Services Manager; and creating periodic financial forecasts for P&I controlling.
* Budgeting: Define annual budget distribution; support budgeting with project managers for larger and strategic projects; create and execute budget and finance training; create, review and approve shopping carts and purchasing orders; support invoice booking with accounts payable including review and approval of invoices; track budget consumption.
* Financial Modeling: SAP Next-Gen Lab New York financial business modeling
Governance responsibilities will include:
* Reporting: Define and cascade KPI targets; define reporting infrastructure and tools (eg C4C, dashboard tools, document structure) in collaboration with SAP Next-Gen team members who may contribute business and developer expertise; define reporting calendar; train colleagues on reporting; develop and update reporting handbook and documentation; lead reporting team; execute reporting (monthly, quarterly, year-end, ad-hoc, Fast Growth Market (FGM), advisory board reports, donation and sponsoring transparency reports.)
* Contracting: Own SAP University Alliances and SAP Next-Gen contracts, including: lead the SAP Next-Gen contracting team; review and sign contracts with power of attorney, and ensure agreements are in place with partners and customers and are maintained in SAP's Contract Management Solution (CMS); develop and update contracts with the business and SAP Legal as needed; refine contracting processes as needed including updates to the contracting tool infrastructure; negotiate 3rd party licenses.
* Compliance, Risk and Process Management: Compliance (execute compliance and integrity checks for shopping carts around sponsorings and memberships; review compliance related questions from the unit; review compliance/integrity violation notices out of the unit); Risk Management (own unit risk management process; create risk report calendar; create quarterly unit risk self-assessment reports; review quarterly risk self-assessment reports with SAP Global Risk and Compliance office (GRC); run quarterly risk reviews with topic leads and strategic project managers; consolidate pillar/topic leads' and strategic project managers' risk self-assessments; Process Management: (own unit processes; maintain and update processes in Signavio).
The SAP Next-Gen Global Finance and Governance Manager will also support the VP and Head of Global SAP University Alliances and SAP Next-Gen in any other way needed to drive success of SAP University Alliances and SAP Next-Gen, including supporting board and advisor meetings.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree a plus)
* Experience in a controller role within SAP, both for cost centers and profit centers (experience in P&I a plus)
* Experience in budgeting and financial modelling, reporting, contracting, compliance, risk and process management
* Fluent in English with excellent communication skills. (Fluency in German a plus)
* Strong skills with SAP's internal financial controlling tools, SAP Business Objects tools, and MS Office.
* Degree concentrations in management, business administration, economics/finance, and/or information systems preferred.
* As SAP Next-Gen works as a startup within SAP, the ideal candidate will be someone with an analytical mind and dedication to operational excellence combined with an entrepreneurial spirit and outstanding people skills. Our team's culture is characterized by rapid innovation, change to meet market needs, Real Time learning and adjustment, and collaboration across other SAP departments driving innovation internally and externally.
* Minimum 3 years job relevant professional experience.
United States: New York preferred, or Newton Square or Palo Alto.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: (see below) or (see below), APJ: (see below), EMEA: C (see below) ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA