Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Hadoop Engineer for a contract assignment with one of our premier financial industry clients in New York, NY. Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing, provisioning and managing Hadoop Ecosystem Infrastructure for the organization
- Evaluate Hadoop infrastructure requirements and design/deploy solutions (high availability, big data clusters, elastic load tolerance, etc.)
- Develop automation, installation and monitoring of Hadoop ecosystem components; specifically: Spark, HBase, HDFS, Map/Reduce, Yarn, Oozie, Pig, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Accumulo
- Dig deep into performance, scalability, capacity and reliability problems to resolve issues
- Create productive models for integrating internal application teams and vendors with our infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and debug Hadoop ecosystem run-time issues- Provide developer and operations documentation
- Run Proof of concept projects with our customers
- Proficiency in one or more of Java, Python, SQL, Scala
- Experience with Hadoop eco-system Knowledge of working with Cloudera, MapR or HDP distribution of Hadoop
- Proven experience building and scaling out Hadoop based or Unix hosted database infrastructure for an enterprise (software, network, storage and related)
- 2+ years experience of Hadoop administration or a strong and diverse background of distributed cluster management and operations experience
- 2+ years of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc. system configuration experience 2+ years of Devops or System Administration experience
- Experience writing software in a continuous build and automated deployment environment.
- Open source experience is a plus (a well curated blog, upstream accepted contribution or community presence)
- Experience with ETL and BI tools Kerberos experience a plus
- CM_API experience using python/Java API
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply.
New York, NY, United States of America
4/21/2017 7:03:05 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.