Requisition ID: 137297
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 50%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the Back Office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The Payables Account Executive's primary responsibilities include prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing new business to existing and net new customers, with emphasis on selling to Treasury. The Payables Account Executive brings a Point of View to the Customer engagement; uses all resources to solve customer problems with appropriate SAP Ariba Payments & Financing solutions
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
Account and Customer Relationship Management, Sales, and Cloud Subscription Revenue.
- Annual Revenue - Achieve/exceed quota targets.
- Sales strategies - Develops effective and specific account plans to ensure revenue target delivery and sustainable growth. Develop relationships in new and existing customers and leverage to execute sales strategy through organization.
- Trusted advisor - Establishes strong relationships based on knowledge of customer requirements and commitment to value (value of counsel and expertise, value of solutions, value of implementation expertise). Builds a foundation on which to harvest future business opportunities and accurate account information and coaching.
- Customer Acumen - Actively understand each customer's technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy and competitive landscape. Review public information (eg new executive appointments, earnings statements, press releases) for the company and its competitors to remain updated on key industry trends and issues impacting the prospect.
- Territory and Account Leadership - Lead designated territory, including accounts, account relationships, prospect profiling, and sales cycles. Encourage all accounts to become SAP Ariba Payables references.
- Business Planning - Develop and deliver comprehensive business plan to address customer and prospects priorities and pain points. Utilize NVO (Network Value Organization, formally known as Value Engineering) benchmarking and ROI data to support the customer's decision process.
Demand Generation, Pipeline and Opportunity Management
- Lead/Demand Generation. Ability to source demand/create demand for Payables.
- Pipeline planning - Follow a disciplined approach to maintaining a rolling pipeline. Keep pipeline current and moving up the pipeline curve.
- Pipeline partnerships - Leverage support organizations including Marketing, Inside sales, Partners and channels to funnel pipeline into the assigned territory.
- Advance and close sales opportunities - through the successful execution of the sales strategy and roadmap.
- Sell value & close business.
- Maintain White Space analysis and execution of initiatives (up sell and cross sell) on customer base.
- Lead the deal and orchestrate resources: deploy appropriate teams to execute winning sales.
- Utilize best practice sales models.
- Understand SAP's Ariba's competition and effectively position solutions against them.
- Maintain CRM system with accurate/timely customer and pipeline information.
Leading a (Virtual) Account Team
- Demonstrates leadership skills in the orchestration of remote teams.
- Ensure account teams and Partners are well versed in each account's strategy and well positioned for all customer touch points and events. Maximize the value of all sales support organizations.
- 5 - 10+ years of experience in sales of business software/IT solutions to Treasury organizations within Large Corporates
- Proven track record in business application software sales successfully selling to Treasury.
- Experience in lead role of a team-selling environment.
- Demonstrated success with large transactions and lengthy sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive market.
- Payments & Financing Subject Matter Expertise is good to have, but not required.
- Business level English: Fluent
- Local language: Fluent, Business Level
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: (see below) or (see below), APJ: (see below), EMEA: C (see below) ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA